15 Best Gutenberg Blocks Plugins for WordPress (Super Useful)
Are you looking for the best Gutenberg block plugins for your WordPress site?
Gutenberg blocks are the editor blocks that are used to create content layouts in the new WordPress block editor aka Gutenberg. Introduced in WordPress 5.0, the Gutenberg editor is a fully block-based editor where each piece of content is a draggable block.
By default, WordPress offers a set of basic content blocks like a paragraph, image, button, list, and more. Some top WordPress plugins will add their own blocks to make it easy for you to embed their features.
However there are now an entire suite of plugins dedicated to offer custom content blocks for Gutenberg.
In this article, we’ll share some of the best Gutenberg block plugins for WordPress sites. We will start with some of the default blocks and then switch to block plugins.
7 Most Useful Time-Saving Default WordPress Blocks
The Gutenberg Editor includes blocks for all types of content elements.
The new blocks make it easy to add elements like buttons, cover images, tables, and more. In the older versions of WordPress, you had to install plugins to add such common web elements.
Here are some super useful default WordPress Gutenberg blocks that you can use right away.
1. Button Block: Lets you add call to action buttons in your WordPress pages and articles. To add buttons in the old editor, you either had to use a plugin or write HTML code.
2. Media & Text Block: Lets you add image and text side-by-side. Doing this with the old Classic Editor was a confusing task for beginners.
3. Cover Block: It is a new feature in WordPress, which allows you to add stunning cover images in your posts and pages. See our guide on the difference between cover images vs featured images.
4. Table Block: Enables you to easily create basic tables in WordPress posts and pages. For advanced tables with search, sorting, and ordering features, we still recommend the free TablePress plugin.
5. Embed Blocks: Gutenberg editor also includes many embed blocks for popular websites. You can use them to easily embed tweets, YouTube videos, and more.
6. Columns Block: Allows you to easily create multi-column layouts for your blog posts and pages.
7. Shortcode Block: Allows you to add shortcodes in your WordPress posts and pages easily.
Besides these, there are many other blocks that you can explore and try without using a plugin.
With that said, let’s take a look at some of the best WordPress blocks offered by WordPress plugins.
Best Gutenberg Blocks Plugins for Your WordPress Site
There are two types of Gutenberg blocks plugins available on the market. We will cover both of them:
- Single Purpose Blocks Plugins
- Gutenberg Blocks Libraries
The single purpose plugins are mostly the popular WordPress plugins which have been in the market for a long time. They specialize in one specific feature and usually provide a single powerful block to add content in WordPress.
For example, WPForms is a popular WordPress form plugin for making powerful forms in WordPress. It offers a WordPress block to add contact forms, surveys, order forms, etc in your posts and pages.
On the other hand, there are block collection plugins which combine many different content elements in a single plugin. For example, Atomic Blocks plugin adds more than 14 new blocks to your WordPress editor.
Single Purpose Block Plugins vs Block Library Plugins
Now that you know about the options, you might be wondering if one is better than the other. Here are some important points to consider before choosing one over the other.
Single purpose block plugins add only one feature, but they offer the most comprehensive set of options, integrations, etc. Simply put, they offer the most complete solution for the specific use-case.
The block library plugins include a collection of blocks for different purposes, but these blocks are not as fine-tuned as the single feature blocks. While they offer a lot of blocks, they may not be as powerful.
Another disadvantage of using block suites is that they pollute your block list unnecessarily specially if you are only using a few blocks in the collection.
With that said, let’s take a look at the best WordPress Gutenberg block plugins.
1. WPForms – Best Gutenberg Block for WordPress Forms
WPForms is the most user-friendly WordPress form plugin in the market. It allows you to easily create simple contact forms as well as more powerful forms like interactive polls, surveys, order forms, etc. on your WordPress site.
WPForms offer a block for adding WordPress forms on your posts and pages.
Also, you can easily integrate your forms with email marketing tools, eCommerce plugins, and CRM software.
2. Envira Gallery – Best WordPress Block for Photo Galleries
Envira Gallery is the most powerful WordPress gallery plugin available. It allows you to create image and video galleries on your website easily.
The plugin is Gutenberg ready with a native block to embed galleries in your website.
Envira Gallery includes advanced features like watermark protection, image proofing, and seamless integration with WooCommerce to let you sell your photos.
3. TinyMCE Advanced
TinyMCE Advanced is a popular plugin that enhanced the old classic editor with more formatting options. It has been updated to support the new Gutenberg block editor.
It now offers additional formatting and styling options in default Gutenberg blocks. For example, you’ll see new formatting buttons in toolbars with the ability to choose fonts. You can also adjust which buttons you want to see in the toolbar.
4. Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg – Free Plugin with 15+ Gutenberg Blocks
Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg is the most widely used Gutenberg blocks library plugin. Created by the people behind the popular Astra theme, this plugin is actively installed on over 100,000 websites.
It includes over 15 Gutenberg blocks, including the following:
- Info Box Block – Add an info box with an image, heading, and description.
- Multi Buttons Block – Lets you add multiple buttons within a single block.
- Team Block – Allows you to create team section with photos.
- Price List Block – Lets you create a price list like a restaurant menu easily.
- Testimonial Block – Useful to add testimonials on your website.
An advantage of using this plugin is that it comes with built-in support for Astra Theme and all their starter sites. This means you can import a starter site and use the block editor to create beautiful layouts.
5. Atomic Blocks – Free Gutenberg Blocks Collection Plugin
Atomic Blocks is a free Gutenberg plugin with a collection of custom WordPress blocks. It includes over 14 useful Gutenberg blocks.
This library comes with some of the best WordPress blocks that you may need.
- Advanced Columns Block – Create beautiful multi-column layouts.
- Section & Layout Block – Pre-designed page sections and page layouts.
- Newsletter Block – Create MailChimp Email form.
- Pricing Block – Build beautiful pricing tables in WordPress.
- Share Icons Block – Add social share buttons to your posts and pages.
Atomic Blocks also comes in the form of a WordPress theme. The theme includes all the blocks offered by the plugin, and lets you create a beautiful website.
Atomic Blocks was acquired by WP Engine, one of the leading managed WordPress hosting companies. They have bundled Atomic Blocks and premium StudioPress themes for free with all their hosting plans.
6. Kadence Blocks – Custom Blocks Plugin for Gutenberg
Kadence Blocks is yet another WordPress block collection plugin. It comes with some of the most commonly used blocks and helps you add more functionality to your content editor.
The plugin is available in both free and premium versions. The free version includes 10 custom blocks, including the following:
- Row Layout Block – Insert content blocks in one or multiple columns in a row.
- Tabs Block – Lets you create horizontal or vertical tabs and customize them.
- Accordion Block – Create beautiful accordions in your website.
- Icon List Block – Lets you create attractive lists with custom icons instead of default bullets.
The plugin allows you to deactivate the blocks that you will not use. Doing so keeps your editor clean and lightweight.
If you like these blocks and want more blocks from Kadence Themes, then you can buy their pro plugin or membership plan.
7. Gutenberg Blocks and Template Library by Otter – Free WordPress Blocks Plugin
Gutenberg Blocks and Template Library by Otter is another useful WordPress blocks plugin which adds extra Gutenberg blocks to your site.
There are more than 10 WordPress blocks included in this plugin. Here are some of the useful blocks:
- Section Block – Allows you to build layouts using columns like in page builder plugins.
- Google Maps Block – Lets you embed Google maps on your website.
- About Author Block – Allows you to show about author box on your website.
- Sharing Icons Block – Lets you add social sharing icons on your WordPress articles easily.
In addition to the Gutenberg blocks, the plugin also includes Gutenberg compatible templates to help you create stunning pages quickly. Otter is created by the same team behind ThemeIsle, a popular WordPress themes company.
8. Ultimate Blocks – Free Gutenberg Blocks Plugin for Bloggers
Ultimate Blocks plugin is also a block collection plugin with several extra blocks for Gutenberg. It includes easy to use blocks useful for bloggers and marketers.
Here are some of the blocks offered by the plugin:
- Review Block – Lets you add review with product name, features, summary, and star rating.
- Table of Contents Block – Helps to create table of contents from the headings in your article.
- Call to Action Block – Lets you create a call to action box with heading, description, and a button.
- Click to Tweet Block – Easily add tweetable content in your posts and pages.
- Notification Box Block – Allows you to add simple notification box in your articles.
9. Advanced Gutenberg – 20+ New Blocks for Gutenberg
Advanced Gutenberg plugin adds 20+ new blocks to your Gutenberg editor. The plugin helps you to create professional webpages easily and quickly.
Here are some of the Advanced Gutenberg blocks.
- Columns Manager Block – Predefined responsive columns to let you add multi-column content in WordPress.
- Map Block – Lets you embed Google maps in your posts and pages.
- Counter Block – Allows you to showcase numbers like total sales in an attractive manner.
- Tabs Block – Lets you add content in tabs easily.
- Advanced List Block – Create visually attractive lists with custom list icons and styles.
The plugin also gives you advanced block control options to activate blocks as per user roles.
Advanced Gutenberg Block plugin is created by JoomUnited.
10. Stackable Gutenberg Blocks – Beautiful Custom Blocks
Stackable Gutenberg Blocks is a free WordPress block library plugin with beautiful custom blocks for WordPress sites. It includes more than 20 easy to use blocks for Gutenberg.
Here are some of the cool WordPress blocks offered by this plugin.
- Container Block – Allows you to combine different blocks in a single row.
- Feature Grid Block – Lets you showcase your product features or portfolio in stylish grid layouts.
- Team Members Block – Lets you showcase your team members with their position, duties, and specialities.
- Video Popup Block – Lets you add full-screen video popups for YouTube and Vimeo videos.
Stackable also offers impressive effects and background options. You can use image and video backgrounds, fixed images, gradient background effects, and more.
11. CoBlocks – Free Page Building WordPress Blocks
CoBlocks is a free plugin with a collection of page building WordPress blocks. Like most block collection plugins, it offers extra blocks to supercharge the block editor in WordPress.
Here are some useful Gutenberg blocks offered by this plugin:
- Rows and Columns Blocks – Lets design dynamic layouts based on grid system.
- Carousel Gallery Block – Enables you to create carousel galleries and showcase your images.
- Alert Block – Create attractive alerts and insert into your WordPress posts and pages.
- Author Profile Block – Lets you add author profile on your WordPress site.
The plugin lets you customize your blocks with ease. You can change fonts, set margin and padding, pick colors, and more.
Some Honorable Mentions
Besides the ones we mentioned above, there are many Gutenberg blocks plugins on the market. Here are some honorable mentions you can use as alternatives to the above-listed plugins.
- Getwid – Free Gutenberg Blocks Library
- Easy Blocks – Gutenberg Blocks Plugin with 20+ Custom Blocks
- Editor Blocks for Gutenberg – WordPress Blocks Collection Plugin
- Google Maps Gutenberg Block – WordPress Google Maps Block
In addition to those already mentioned, most of the content-focused WordPress plugins are now Gutenberg compatible and come with their own blocks.
We hope this article helped you to find the best Gutenberg blocks for your WordPress site. You may also want to see our handpicked list of Gutenberg friendly WordPress themes.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
The post 15 Best Gutenberg Blocks Plugins for WordPress (Super Useful) appeared first on WPBeginner.