16 most interesting facts about Google until 2015
Search engine giant Google is probably one of the most recognizable brand in the world. Most people from the civilized world know about this. At the same time, the “good” Corporation is so diverse that even its own employees don’t know about all the initiatives. We have collected 16 unusual and interesting facts about the world famous company, of which you probably never knew, existed.
- Before delivering search result of a query, Google takes nearly 200 different factors into account in milliseconds.
- Google owns many of domain names which are incorrect spelling version of Google. For example, gooogle.com, gogle.com, googlr.com and many more. Among them, there are even some exotic numbers like 466453.com which is Google associated phone number.
- When Google started in 1998, the system processed 500,000 queries per day. Now users ask more than 2 million queries times per second.
- Ever since Google launched Street View in 2007 service year, the project team photographed more than 11.5 million km of roads and facilities.
- The first five American cities were captured on a 5 megapixel camera. Now the company uses a device with a 75 megapixel sensor.
- Every month, YouTube users are browsing more than 6 billion hours of video – about an hour for each person on the earth.
- Google regularly buys and finances projects with the aim to change the world and the lives of millions of people. However, Google also endorses small projects. For example, in 2012 the company added American Indian Cherokee language in Gmail.
- Every single minute people upload more than 300 hours of new video on YouTube.
- Last year, more than 1 billion android based devices were sold. This means that Googleâs market share in this segment is 81%.
- In total, 53,600 people from 40 countries working on Google in 70 different offices.
- Google is not afraid to spend huge amount of Â money if they want to acquire something. This year, the company has spent over $ 24.5 billion on 170 acquisitions.
- Despite the huge number of adventurous and innovative projects, such as self-managed cars or googleÂ glass, most of their revenues come from advertising. In 2014, Google earned $ 66 billion from advertising.
- Larry page and Sergey Brin launched the first “Google Doodle” in August, 1998. At that time, they were going to Burning Man in the Nevada desert and they want world to know that.
- Google has more than 100 million GB search index. To accommodate this amount of data they require more than 100,000 terabyte hard drives.
- People are mainly depended on Google services so when that system went down for 5 minutes in 2013, global internet traffic dropped 40%.
- Google is probably the only company in the world that want people to spent less time on its site.
Did you find those Google facts interesting? Do you know more interest Google facts that we should know about? Feel free to tell us at the comment below.