Introducing Polarr : An online Free Photo editor
Polarr is an online tool that allows you to edit your photos. This is really handy when you do not have your favourite tool. Offering almost 15 default filters, this tool is ideal for colour adjustments. This software is in its Alpha 2.0 version.
For users of Photoshop or Lightroom, you will not be lost as the interface is a very simplified mixture of both them.
Editing a photograph is really simple: just drag it into the center of the tool, or use the Import tool (1), which can also retrieve a picture of the Cloud.
Here are the 10 key features of Polarr User Interface:
- Import / export you can edit from your computer or the Cloud. You can open several files at the same time.
- The filters are on these two components, the first grouping your custom filters, the second default filters offered by the application.
- The history of your retouch are recorded in this section, it allows you to simply return to action.
- The top bar offers some tools like zoom in, zoom out, rotate, or full screen, and serves as a reminder of the characteristics of your edited photos.
- The photo you are editing.
- Open photos, you can easily switch from one to the another.
- The histogram, the essential (in addition to your eyes) for retouching a photo. It does not suggest a particular option, it is just there…
- A toolbar to re-size or apply linear or radial gradients in your filters.
- The main filters of “recovery” of the color.
- The contour color
And four other components of retouching we do not see in this picture that can change the saturation, brightness, shades of each color, balance, shadows, and also to manage the vignetting.
The default filters
Without even touching my photo which lacks a little light, see what filters default Polarr offer us.Â Knowing that once these filters applied, it is quite possible to retouch them to fit specifically to your photography and the feeling that you want to clear your shot.
Here are 6 filters that made something interesting with my picture.
More precise touch-ups
I’m not going to insult you submit a photo editing filters, already because it is not my specialty, but also because the tastes and colors … well!
To summarize this tool in a few words:
- Colorimetry editing your photos
- Allows you to save your custom settings and filters,
- The tool is actually JS and WebGL if it’s not pretty!
- Filters and options are really rich,
- The fullscreen is useful to get free from distractions.
If you ever want to test with a photograph, the tool provides a starting picture.
Note that we are not anyway affiliated or paid by Polarr to give this review. There for this is unbiased and accurate.