Things to know before Getting a Hosting Package
The importance of having right web hosting for your business is paramount. If you choose wrong hosting plan from the beginningÂ then your business going to hamper, and you going to suffer a lot. Besides it takes a lot of work and times to move your website from one hosting provider to another. So you must make the right decision which hosting company you choose. So we are going to point out few facts you should know before picking a hosting provider:
1. Unlimited Disk space: Well most of the hosting provider says in their shared hosting plan unlimited hosting space and unlimited bandwidth. But in reality that’s impossible because no matter how big hard disks is, it has limitations. Especially when your hosting plan is shared with hundred of others. Now the question is why hosting providers tell this lie? Well, this lie just sell more.
2. Unlimited bandwidth: Your bandwidth is never going to be unlimited not even more than 25000 UPV in shared hosting plan. If your bandwidth goes more than that then your account going to suspend, or they are going to charge extra money. Another thing that hosting provider don’t mention is you can’t really use your shared hosting plan as file hosting service. If some people download files from your website then, there is pretty good chance that they are going to suspend your website.
3.Â C panel: For easily maintain your website it is necessary to have hosting control panel. So find out if a hosting company is going to give you control panel for your hosting package.
4. Auto Script Installer: For you to quickly install “Control Management System” or known as “CMS” there is some auto script installation program like fantastico, softaculous. Find out if your hosting plan comes with Auto Script Installer. Do they support up to date version of CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or anything else you need.
5. Program Version: Find out if they support latest version of PHP, Perl, Ruby, MySQL etc.
6. Customer Support: Good customer support is really crucial. So you need to know kinds of customer support do they offer like: Phone, Email, Chat, Remote, etc. You can also find out if a hosting provider gives excellent customer support from real customer reviews. You can find reviews from review websites like justhost review, forums, Google etc.
7. Background Check: We must always do a background check particular hosting company like, how old they? What is their server status?
8. Hardware Configuration: Your website speed depends on the hardware quality. Like what kinds of hard disk do they use? HDD or SSD. Find out more about Hard Disk Drive type from Â http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive. You should also know RAM size and CPU configuration that comes with your hosting plan.
Well, even after knowing all those information you can never know what’s going to happened. But the trick is to make the possible right decision with the information we have.
You can also find some good web hosting information with good discount from http://www.cloudwedge.com
If you have any burning questions about web hosting that you need to answer ask them in the comment below…