Freelance Client Questionnaire
If you are a freelance some question your client might asked you at your job interview no matter which industry you are working on. Knowing those question might help you better prepare.
- Â What excites you about this project?
- Â Tell me briefly about your company
- Â What makes your product better than those of competitors?
- Â Describe your goal for this project in less than 10 seconds?
- Â What products and services are required to achieve these goals?
- Â What is the fewest number of steps required to achieve these goals?
- Â What are your primary online business objectives with the site redesign?
- What are your secondary objectives? (Increase sales, reduce customer service
- How will you measure the success of the solution?
- Describe your typical customer
- Â What emotions do customers feel when using your product?
- Â How does your typical customer interact with the website?
- What is your target market?
- How will people find out about your company?
- How do you plan to get repeat visitors?
- What is the primary âactionâ the user should take when coming to your site?
(purchase, become a member, search for information, etc.)
- Use a few adjectives to describe how the user should perceive the new site.
(Ex: prestigious, friendly, corporate, fun, forward-thinking, innovative, cutting
edge, etc.) Is this different than current image perception?
- Do you feel your current site promotes a favorable user experience? Why?
- What specific areas of your current site do you feel are successful? Why are
- What shortcomings exist with the current site?
- Have you conducted usability tests on your current site? If so, how long ago?
- How important is it to maintain your current look and feel, logo, and branding?
- List any URLs of sites you find compelling. What specifically do you like about
- What is your target platform and browser (if you know)?
- Will you have database functionality (dynamic content generation, search
capabilities, personalization/log-in, etc.)? Do you already have a database in
- Will you have a need for secured transactions (e-commerce)? Do you already
offer transactions online?
- â¢ Will you require other specific programming needs (personalization, search
- What is your budget for this project?
- Who are the decision makers for this project and what is the turnaround time?
- What staff will be involved and what are their roles?
- What is your deadline?
- Can this project be divided into phases in order to accommodate budget and
- Who is in charge of the content and how much time will be dedicated to it?
- Will this site use existing content from the current site?
Try to find answer of those question in your head, I hope this will help you in your Job Hunting. Best of Luck