Why 25% of Internet use WordPress?
Although its growth in recent years has been slow, increasingly harder steps. According to figures from W3Techs, one in four websites uses WordPress as CMS, i.e. 25% of the web.
According to the data, 58.7% of websites use this CMS. Without a doubt, this place WordPress above other content management systems like Joomla or Drupal.W3Techs surveyed among 10 million most popular sites based on Alexa index. Also, they excluded subdomains and redirects to avoid duplicates.
WordPress is a free software that does not require licenses for use. The best part of this is, you can create a website or blog easily even without much knowledge of code development and design; because it has a variety of customizable templates.
This CMS is SEO friendly so that you have a better chance of appearing in different search engines. Besides, your contents are not limited to texts. You can easily integrate other formats like videos or images.
With WordPress, you can also add new functionality by integrating plugins that will make your site scalable. And as each day progresses, you can consistently access new updates that improve the safety and performance of your website. WordPress is an open-source CMS that means anyone can contribute to it.
If this does not convince you, you can see these startling facts:
- Every day 50,000 new sites are created in WordPress
- Mass media as Time, Forbes and CNN use this CMS
- You can access a library of more than 2,000 templates to create your website
- There are more than 27,000 plugins that can add to your site
- Each month, over 40 million people visit about 15 billion web pages developed in WordPress
- Per month, about 41,700 million new contents are posted in WordPress
- Every month 60 billion new comments are published.
- And yes “WeBuildDesign.com” uses WordPress.
So why 25% of the Internet use WordPress? Because it is simply awesome…